superhero mom

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Watermelon...the Mennonite way.

What a great Mother's Day I had! Breakfast in bed...and then for supper I made one of my most favorite meals, Watermelon & Roll Kuchen. It was such a nice day we were able to eat outside, which I love to do!

I've only met a few people who know what "Roll Kuchen" is and have therefore been the one to introduce it to many people. I feel that it is my responsibility to introduce such a fantastic meal to those who have not heard of it. Basically, you cut up your watermelon and eat it with a deep fried pastry which is called Roll Kuchen. I have finally discovered the perfect system...to plug the deep fryer outside so that I could make them while we were eating (they taste the best while still hot). Let me know if you want the recipe if you want to try a good summer treat!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:45 p.m., Blogger heidi said…

    oh my gosh, i have GOT to pull out my mom's roll kuchen recipe and make it pronto! i even have a delicious watermelon chilling in the fridge....how perfect. thanks for reminding me of summer's yummiest food!

     
  • At 11:09 p.m., Blogger L&D said…

    Ya, I'm not menno so I don't think I'll ever get how doughnuts and watermelon is dinner.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home