superhero mom

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm back!

So after two years of abandoning all things blogging, I decided to check it out again and was doing some Blog surfing one day where you just click on "next blog" and I came upon this girl's blog called, the Lettered Cottage, and was hooked. From there I've been checking out the blogs she checks out and have been inspired again. I absolutely love going garage saling and finding good deals and bringing them back to life. So I've decided to start blogging again and show some of the things that I've done in the past few years and hopefully will continue to do when I can find the time!
I grabbed this little find off of kijiji recently for $40.00 and it came with the mirror attached to the back of it (not shown in original pic). I took out the bottom two drawers and finished the inside of the cabinet with tongue and groove boards, stained the top and inside and painted the rest white and added some knobs. I then took the mirror and framed it with some stained pine boards and that's it. The cabinet now holds our back speakers and the drawer I'm sure will somehow end up getting filled up with junk! I'm still contemplating switching up the legs and will probably rearrange wha'ts setting on top a bit.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:59 a.m., Blogger Chris said…

    I'm so glad you came back to blogging! Of course, Layla can do that to you. :) I LOVE the dresser transformation. Great minds think alike, eh? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home